Friday, March 13, 2009

Research Paper Outline…

Once I have discussed my thesis statement with my supervisor, I proceeded with the outline of my paper. After handing in my outline, today I received comments on my outline and it has been approved…hurray to me! For many days I was in fear that my outline was not going to be approved probably because of irrelevant points. However I was wrong, my supervisor said I had sufficient points and can proceed to my draft. I can now start with my 1st draft. I have chosen to discuss two Malaysian literature texts in my research paper. Both the literature texts are “Mala’ by K.S Maniam and “Josh and Gold” by Shirley Lim. I could say it is not that easy to do a research on both this texts but not too tough. I hope I can complete the research paper without much difficulty as I would say that both this texts are Malaysian texts and the language and settings are familiar to me. In addition, I enjoy reading both this short stories. The sad part is there are no online references for any of the texts or even the author’s background. I spent so long trying to find at least the background of the authors and it was unsuccessful. The only resort left is to refer to books. Lucky I do have a few MLIE books that we used during the previous semesters. It will take time for me to write the whole biography of the authors and the summary of the two stories as there is no references. Time to start drafting my 1st draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment