Friday, March 13, 2009

Worth watching “FREEDOM WRITERS”

Last class we were given a movie “Freedom Writers’ to watch. For me this is a real great inspiring movie. If I am to count, I can confidently say that I have watched this movie almost 10 times since they played it on Astro few years ago and still recently. In this movie, we can see how a teacher tries all sorts of methods to make her class full of multiracial students to mix with each other and work together without differentiating themselves. It is definitely not that easy of a task and I would say to be that teacher is real inspirational.
Asking students to write journals on what they want is a real good idea and I would say it is one effective way to learn more about your students. Using this method enables students to freely express their feelings that have been trapped in them. That’s why it is called Freedom Writers! I remember in lower secondary school, my English teacher asked us to write a journal once a week. Exactly like in the movie, it was kept private. Only my teacher will read the journal and leave some comments and encouragement.
All those out there who are going to be teachers and who are already teachers go and watch this movie “Freedom Writers”. There is a lot to learn in one movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment