Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Very First Day

The first day of Readings and Project work for teaching literature in ESL contexts was real scary….what is a POSITION PAPER??? And its too fast to start doing a Research Paper. And all the short stories to read luckily it’s not too long. Plus we were told that we will have a supervisor to do the research paper. Well everything is in GOD’S hands. I need an angle supervisor.

At first Dr. Edwin explained on what we are expected to do this semester. Well, I got quite shock after reading the ASSIGNMENT potion of the course outline. Too short time to accomplish all. But well, I will have to do it all sooner or later so I started by reading the short stories we were told to read.

“The Son Of The Turtle-Spirit” is rather an interesting story from the beginning that I didn’t even stop when reading. However, I do not like the ending of the story. I was hoping for something interesting like the boy(son of the turtle man) would turn into a dragon headed turtle after putting his father’s bones into the dragon’s mouth. Then it would make the story even more interesting :) Or could it be I am missing the actual hidden meaning of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment