Friday, February 20, 2009

First meeting with my supervisor

My first meeting with my supervisor was not too long since none of us had tought of what to write on. I had no idea on what to write yet for my research paper. Since Dr.Edwin precisely mention that we are not suppose to use the same literature text that we used in our position paper for the research paper. Now I have to think on what text I should do since I cannot use the same text again. Dr.Nooreen, my supervisor was real helpful; she gave us a clear idea on what she expects from us. I heard from the other groups that some of their supervisor’s did not provide them with an outline on what content the research paper should have. Thank god my supervisor did give us the subtopics. In addition, she gave us an example of a thesis statement to give us an idea on what we should take into account in writing our thesis statement. She wants us to have three aspects that we are to discuss in the research paper which must be stated in the thesis statement. Furthermore, she is even willing to give us a good sample of a research paper as a guideline. Lucky there was no pressure in the handing in the outline/draft of our research paper. We were given two weeks to think of it. With the bundle of assignments to hand in soon lucky Dr Nooreen gave us some time. Now I have to recall all the literature text that I have read/study before since in foundation year and decide on which texts I should choose. ALL THE BEST TO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment