Friday, February 20, 2009

Metaphor of me....

In a year time, I will be in my teaching career. I never thought that one day I will be a teacher. Since I will be one soon, I would want to see myself as a good teacher that is able to educate my students. Therefore, using a metaphor to describe myself would be a “RUBBER BAND”. For me, being able to teach students, I should be flexible. This is because, eventhough there is plenty of teaching styles that I have learnt so far in this teaching course, I do not think it can all be used when I start teaching due to many factors in school. I know that things do not always go the way we plan. I therefore think that I am a flexible person that is able to cater to the different learning style of the students. In addition, I would like to see myself as a teacher who can hold my class together and being able to accommodate their ideas and thoughts. I see myself as someone who is flexible, adoptable, and versatile. Describing myself as a “rubber band” where whenever the students need help or guidance, they are able to find me as I am someone who is easy to find in quick search. Furthermore, I would be a teacher that is trustworthy, reliable and always willing to help my students. I see myself being a teacher that is able to support my students in making decision and in learning to improve themselves and gaining new knowledge. Last but not least, I use “rubber band” as a metaphor to describe myself as a teacher because I am someone who guides and facilitates my students learning. I want my students to have the authority in learning. Hopefully this is who I will end up being when I start teaching.

1 comment:

  1. I had always have a softspot and huge respect for teachers, because I come from a family line of teachers. My late grandfather was a grandmaster in a school in Rembau, and my grandmother was a primary school teacher.

    Until now, during this past raya, a lot of their students still visit. Doctors, high ranking government officials, politicians, engineers, you name it.
    Not necessarily big jobs, the students with just normal jobs also come to show gratitude for helping them to become great people.
    And because of that, even if they didn't make it big time, their sons and daughters did it for them. They raised a new generation of doctors, engineers etc.

    Your work is so important. I wish God will bless you and give you the strength to carry forward even when times get hard and unfavorable to you. In the long run, you are the backbone of society.

    and one more thing, rubberbands always bounce back after getting stretch to their limits. Hope when times get hard, you bounce back too =)

    ReplyDelete