Friday, February 20, 2009

Movie “The Road Home”

Last class, Dr. Edwin assigned us to watch a movie entitle “The Road Home”. It’s a Mandarin movie (if I am not mistaken) we just read the subtitles the entire movie. Before we watched the movie, we were told to pay attention to the character of the teacher and his teaching experience. I can’t recall the names of the characters in the story but practically the whole story was a flashback. The narrator of the story is the teacher’s son. From the beginning of the story till the end, I wasn’t able to understand or identify anything interesting aspects of the teacher’s teaching experience. For me it seems that the movie is a love story. We all thought that the movie Dr. Edwin gave us was the wrong cd…How dumb can we be. I say we just do not understand the literature aspect of the story and did not interpret it they way we should have. I will have to just wit for Dr. Edwin’s next class to find out more bout the teaching experience of this character. However, there is one thing that I can say about the character of the teacher, he is willing to teach the village children eventhough he is from the urban place. He has the courage to leave the good life in the city and show his passion in teaching village children.

No comments:

Post a Comment